Module: Race Conditions
This module explores the bugs and vulnerabilities arising from incorrect handling of concurrency, and other related issues.
The lectures for this module are:
- Race Conditions: Introduction (slides here)
- Race Conditions: Races in the Filesystem (slides here)
- Race Conditions: Processes and Threads (slides here)
- Race Conditions: Races in Memory (slides here)
- Race Conditions: Signals and Reentrancy (slides here)
Again, you will practice on a set of generated challenges.
There is a
/flag file, and you get to choose one binary on which the SUID flag will be set.
Each program will be vulnerable to some sort of race condition.
You can subvert the program by cleverly taking advantage of concurrency mishandling.
If you are successful, you can use it to read the
If you are ready to tackle the challenges, go to https://cse466.pwn.college!